2.3.11

Maw

Maw
February, 2011
Pretty much my default expression.
14" x 18" Canvas Board
Titanium White
Cadmium Red
Viridian Green
Ultramarine Blue
Cadmium Orange

I brushed but did not trim before modeling
Maxillary central incisor, maxillary lateral
incisor and maxillary canine. Dextral.
This fuzz is my favorite element in this painting.
I wish I had something more to say about these paintings but I finished them all about a month ago in a week long paint-binge and, like most of my other works at this point, they're entirely didactic. Guess it's time to get a tumblr and post Star Trek screenshots and 'Ye lyrics.

1 comment:

  1. Lyle,

    I really like this painting. And I really like this blog.

    Start a tumblr, but don't let it stop you from keeping this one updated!!! Also, if you want to come to the Art Institute (for free), let me know and I will accompany you.

    Think of it as an all-you-can-eat art buffet on me!

    ReplyDelete