3.1.11

Year of our Lord

Two Thousand Eleven.

I usually don't make New Year's resolutions because the middle of the winter does not feel like an appropriate turning point. I make resolutions in the Spring, like the citizens of the Roman Republic. If they were into that kind of a thing.


This time the Kalends of Janus felt like a turning point. Seasons change and so do I. As a matter of public record, and for the purposes of auditing, I have made four New Year's Resolutions fit to publish.

  1. Hold down a job for +6 months (&or go back to school).
  2. Move out.
  3. Get serious about building a nascent art career. (&Or go back to school.)
  4. Read the ~52 unfinished/unread books I'm sitting on.
Notes:
One and three are likely. Four is doable. Two is a dream, but it's good to dream.
How many turning points can you have before you end up back where you started?